Champion Windows Manufacturing - Champion Windows failed
We had five windows replaced about eight years ago by Champion.During the original install, the workers tried to use pieces of mortar from the bricks to shim the windows.
I complained and they tried to say it would be fine. I insisted they use wood shims and they complied. They were warrantied against failure for life. All five windows have failed and are foggy.
One even has insects in between the panes of glass. I called in the beginning of November 2010 to get them replaced. The receptionist at first seemed so nice and so polite and told me she would order new windows and we would have them fixed in about six weeks.That was four months ago and today I was still told it would be another month, so much for a warranty. On the first trip to replace the windows and they did not have the right windows on the truck.
Champion Windows finally came and replaced the windows. They are clear and look nice except for one with a scratch which they said they will replace. The crew that came today was very nice and seemed very professional. They said that they had only worked for Champion for a short time but they did seem to know what they were doing and gave attention to detail.
Time will tell about the quality of the replacement windows. So we'll see. Champion Windows finally came today to replace the one sash that had the scratch. They brought a window without grids and all of mine have grids.
You'd think they could get one sash ordered correctly. Of course the local office blamed it on the factory not making it correctly. I'd more likely believe that the local office did not order it with the grids. What a joke.
So now I was told it will be another 8 weeks to order the new window. Really?!?
I'm still not done with Champion Windows.I would not recommend them to anyone.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Champion Vinyl Replacement Windows
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " Self deception, conflicts of interest, a feeling of possible corruption, and completely abandoning moral fiber are all words I would use to describe the owners..."
- "Maximus Metal Roofing in Trussville, AL (Birmingham), owned by Robert E. Brewster, Jr. put (or almost completed) putting a metal roof on my home. Mr. Brewster was very anxious..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "One of the worst communication company in terms of their service, promise and commitments. I asked Frontier to changer their service to $84.99 triple play with 75/75 internet, HD preferred..."
- "I took a pretty expensive jacket with reflective striping on it to George Wood for embroidery. They sent it to their contractor who does this work for the, They are..."
- "I got a free trial deal and was told I only had to pay for shipping && I got my pills ,but today $84.97 was taken off my card I..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."