We had five windows replaced about eight years ago by Champion.During the original install, the workers tried to use pieces of mortar from the bricks to shim the windows.
I complained and they tried to say it would be fine. I insisted they use wood shims and they complied. They were warrantied against failure for life. All five windows have failed and are foggy.
One even has insects in between the panes of glass. I called in the beginning of November 2010 to get them replaced. The receptionist at first seemed so nice and so polite and told me she would order new windows and we would have them fixed in about six weeks.That was four months ago and today I was still told it would be another month, so much for a warranty. On the first trip to replace the windows and they did not have the right windows on the truck.
Champion Windows finally came and replaced the windows. They are clear and look nice except for one with a scratch which they said they will replace. The crew that came today was very nice and seemed very professional. They said that they had only worked for Champion for a short time but they did seem to know what they were doing and gave attention to detail.
Time will tell about the quality of the replacement windows. So we'll see. Champion Windows finally came today to replace the one sash that had the scratch. They brought a window without grids and all of mine have grids.
You'd think they could get one sash ordered correctly. Of course the local office blamed it on the factory not making it correctly. I'd more likely believe that the local office did not order it with the grids. What a joke.
So now I was told it will be another 8 weeks to order the new window. Really?!?
I'm still not done with Champion Windows.I would not recommend them to anyone.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Champion Vinyl Replacement Windows
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "this company is the worst i have ever dealt with in my life, Howard comes in gives me a great price, takes my money then starts the job as scheduled..."
- "To whom it may concern, Fortunately the majority of Carl Perry Construction, LLC new home owners sing his praises! They have often stated, Carl returns and addresses any issues in..."
- " I bought a power barrel and it broke after hauling stuff like in there videos. The engine like exploded because I thing there is supposed to be a transmission..."
- "I bought some green beans to find mold in it how nasty..."
- "I've been an Ambit customer for 5+ years. They are still in their first ten years, and are operating in a bunch of states, so yes, they've had some growing..."
- "I ordered a set of replacement lenses for a pair of fast jacket sunglasses. I received the wrong lenses even though the paperwork and the box they came in said..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."